Tuesday, November 16, 2010

~*Potter Parade: Harry Potter News, Links + Extra Trinkets*~

Question of the Day: If you could be any Magical Creature (ex: thestral, unicorn, Doxy, hippogriff, etc.), what would you want to be and why?

"They stuff people's heads down the toilet the first day at Stonewall. Want to come upstairs and practice?" --Dudley Dursley
"No thanks. The poor toilet's never had anything as horrible as your head down it -- it might be sick." --Harry Potter, Book 1

3 Days Until Harry Potter #7 Part 1

Because I will be a hosting my Harry Potter contest tomorrow, I thought I'd make today's post rather "chill" and laid-back.

First, major news! The cast of Harry Potter got together in London last Thursday on November 11 for their premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. They look absolutely stunning! Emma Watson's pixie 'do still shocks me...I don't think I can ever get over it after all those years of seeing her "bush" Hermione-Grangery mane. Ohh, without a doubt, our beloved HP characters are truly growing up...
In addition, I don't know if some of you already know this or not, but Daniel Radcliffe's first post-Harry-Potter movie will be The Woman in Black, which is coming out (hopefully) in 2011. This film is apparently a ghost story, and Daniel stars as one of the main characters, a young lawyer named Arthur Kipps who encounters a woman in spirit form. Hmm, not exactly what I had imagined for Radcliffe, but this is definitely going to be interesting! Here's a sneak peek at what Daniel looks like in this upcoming film project...
Totally un-Harry-Potter-like, I know...

I have a confession. I like to bookmark pages...and half of my Bookmarks deal with Harry Potter, Hogwarts, and/or The Wizarding World. I'd like to share with you all some of the goodies that I have come across in the past:
  • DanRadcliffe.com : A fan site dedicated to the legendary actor who played Harry Potter. Includes photos, quotes, fun facts, news in the media, and even Daniel's mailing address (ooh la la!).
  • MuggleNet.com : Here, you'll find basically EVERYTHING Harry Potter related. Just a few things that it offers include: origin of names, song parodies, real recipes of magical foods, and fan art. This is totally THE go-to site for Harry Potter fans.
  • The Harry Potter Lexicon : I have lost count as to how many times I have referred to this amazing encyclopedia while writing HP fanfiction. I don't even have anything to say except that It. Knows. Everything.
  • J.K. Rowling's Official Site : If it weren't for Rowling, Harry Potter wouldn't exist. And if Harry Potter hadn't existed, we'd have nothing to live for, right? This is probably one of the coolest author websites I've ever visited. You can choose to amongst several different languages, which is really handy for international readers. You can read her biography, read up on the latest Rowling news, and, if you're curious and nosy enough, you'll find a load of handy links and secrets hidden about!
  • Fire and Ice Archive : This website is dedicated to one of the most popular HP fanfiction couples...Draco and Ginny! You'll find countless one-shots, long stories, fluffy pieces, and epic adventures starring D&G.
  • Hogwarts School : Love RPG (role-playing games)? This site is totally for you. Finally, you can not only read and write about Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, you can BE A PART OF IT.
Last, but not least, Cheryl Clarke's Oh To Be a Muse blog is having a lovely holiday giveaway HERE. Two winners will be chosen by the deadline, which is December 7th. Hurry and enter today! You must be a follower to be eligible.

~TRA

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Becca. said...

I LOVE EMMA'S HAIR.
and yes 25% discount, amazing isn't it :)

thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

dolorah said...

Just so I'm clear: you're saying you're obsessed with Harry Potter? (lol)

We all gotta be passionate about something :) I guess I'm the same about Lord Of The Rings - well, not THIS obsessive, but dang that Vito Mortgensen is F I N E.

Have a good day.

.......dhole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...