Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
WOOHOO! SOOO EXCITED!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- DanRadcliffe.com : A fan site dedicated to the legendary actor who played Harry Potter. Includes photos, quotes, fun facts, news in the media, and even Daniel's mailing address (ooh la la!).
- MuggleNet.com : Here, you'll find basically EVERYTHING Harry Potter related. Just a few things that it offers include: origin of names, song parodies, real recipes of magical foods, and fan art. This is totally THE go-to site for Harry Potter fans.
- The Harry Potter Lexicon : I have lost count as to how many times I have referred to this amazing encyclopedia while writing HP fanfiction. I don't even have anything to say except that It. Knows. Everything.
- J.K. Rowling's Official Site : If it weren't for Rowling, Harry Potter wouldn't exist. And if Harry Potter hadn't existed, we'd have nothing to live for, right? This is probably one of the coolest author websites I've ever visited. You can choose to amongst several different languages, which is really handy for international readers. You can read her biography, read up on the latest Rowling news, and, if you're curious and nosy enough, you'll find a load of handy links and secrets hidden about!
- Fire and Ice Archive : This website is dedicated to one of the most popular HP fanfiction couples...Draco and Ginny! You'll find countless one-shots, long stories, fluffy pieces, and epic adventures starring D&G.
- Hogwarts School : Love RPG (role-playing games)? This site is totally for you. Finally, you can not only read and write about Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, you can BE A PART OF IT.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
"Oh are you a Prefect, Percy?"
"You should have told us, we had no idea!"
Monday, November 8, 2010
It is safe to say that I am a Harry Potter fan(atic) and Rowling's #1 reader. I started reading the series very early in elementary school and have read the series SO many times that I think I could name most of the events in chronological order from Book 1--Book 7. And I've watched the movies too. Many times (of course).
All around America--and indeed the world--there's news and gossip in the air...
Of what? OF OMFG @#$**%^&*!!!!!! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 comes out on 19th November 2010!!!!!!
That is 1.5 weeks, 11 days, and 264 hours. Merlin's beard, that is all too early and all too soon, all at the same time! It seems as though just yesterday I was in line to buy the first Harry Potter movie. O_O
Well, in honor of this amazing, spectacular, extremely wonderful, crazy-beautiful event that will be occuring QUITE SOON, I will be hosting a Potter Parade here on my blog! Each day I'll have a Hogwarts/Harry Potter/Diagon Alley/Chocolate Frog/Etc.-themed post will lots of goodies AAAAAAND...an upcoming contest! =)
Yes, yes...I am reaching 50 followers, which brings me close to tears since when I first started blogging in January I was aiming for 15 by the end of the year! Thank you so much for following!!! So. Yes. A contest will take place soon in the upcoming days of HP#7.
Meanwhile, who's up for a little Potter Puppet Pals??? If you don't know what in the world that is (besides the fact that it pertains to Harry Potter (duh)), then let me explain. Potter Puppet Pals is a sort of YouTube channel that posts several videos of mini skits played by puppets created to look like characters from the Harry Potter series! It is beyond awesome, and if you are a Harry Potter fan(atic!) like me, then you HAVE to check them out! They are HILARIOUS!
Here is one of the PPP's most famous (and oldest) videos...
Potter Puppet Pals: The Mysterious Ticking Noise
Don't forget to answer the QOTD (pokes up)! =)
Hope you all have a magical day!!
Friday, November 5, 2010
As you all know, I am doing National Novel Writing Month. Earlier, I was having a mild argument with my Main Character, but we just made up. :) Basically, she thinks the last few chapters have been pretty passive and need a little oomph, while I've been trying to tell her to be quiet because editing and "going back" will ONLY slow me down! So far the past day or two, she's just been yacketing yacketing in my head. In the end, though, we compromised...
Personally I think my Main Character and I have a bit of a personality clash....