Question of the Day: What are some song lyrics that really mean a lot to you?
Day 09: Something you're proud of in the past few days.
Today, I played Frisbee with a friend for the first time in...well, a VERY long time! My Frisbee-throwing was pretty shaky at first, but after a few rounds I got better and was able to make a few good tosses. Even though I'm still a "Frisbee-ginner," it was great being able to brush up on my hand-eye coordination skills and, especially after hours of studying in the library, get some exercise in!
How do you find the time in your schedule to exercise and stay in shape?
One of my "Blog Resolutions" for this year is to showcase my two turtles on TRA blog! And I thought...well, why not today?
Turtle Fun Facts:
- I have had my turtles since August 2009
- I bought them at a Chinese New Year celebration in Boston, MA
- They were originally named Benjamin (now David) and Sera (now Little Cloud) but the names never stuck! Therefore...
- The bigger turtle's name is David (Da Wei) and the smaller turtle's name is Little Cloud
- My parents named them :)
- They were the exact same size when they first came home, and now look at the difference!
They take turns "sunbathing" and "cooling off." What a great team! If you're wondering why there is a porcelain pig chillin' in the tank, he's there to prevent the log from floating around.
....and they also like to share space too! Sometimes, they will even stack up on top of each other while sunbathing, which is actually characteristic of Red-Eared Sliders.
Here is a photo of their complete habitat. Yes, there is indeed a floating mini log in the water. It looks weird when it bobs up and down but I think the RES like it. :) It's like an exercise ball for a mouse, except for turtles!
Got questions about David and Little Cloud, or about red-eared sliders in general? Leave a comment and I'll send an answer your way!