- Changed my major from Psychology to...a double major in Psychology and Journalism!
- Dropped Chemistry 101 because it was kicking my butt. And it hurt. :(
- Made my first B in Chinese (*sadness*)
- Went from being a Pre-Med student to, um, a non-Pre-Med. xD
- Created and folded dumplings from scratch for the first time. And they turned out yummy. SUCCESS!
- Smallville Season 10 began!
- Subscribed to The News & Observer
- Got on the staff of my college's features magazine and wrote my very first article on...VEGANISM AND VEGETARIANISM!
- Fell in love with writing once again
Now when I say "once again" I mean I've decided to put my all back into writing and have become totally and completely immersed within it. Once again. Before, I was only putting 50% of my passions into writing because I was also Pre-Med and trying to become a doctor. Then, after a revelation (basically, I got the exact same bad grade in Chem 101 Lecture and Lab) in which my awful grades in Science contrasted sharply with the joys I felt from writing for the features magazine and recent praises I received for my article made me realize that writing is what I'm meant to do...and no matter how much I try to deviate from that path, it will always pull me back in to where I belong.
As you can see, I pretty much went through a mid-first-year-of-college-crisis. XD But I think almost every college student goes through that "Undecided Major" mode...which makes me feel better and not so alone. =]
Since I am pretty much changing my life career after changing my college major, I've decided to revamp the way I blog. I know I am bad at goals and promises and such, but I assure you this blog plan will be one that I work towards a little bit each day. :D
My New Blog Plan:
1) This whole writing-a-big-post-every-few-weeks thing isn't exactly what I call ideal, so now I'm going to post everyday or every other day...even if it's something little like a quote or a single YouTube video or big like a list of 2010 Top SmartPhone Applications (*cough* coming up next! *cough*). :)
2) Create and update a Resources page for all you lovely readers. There will be different categories and under each will be websites and other blogs that I find very helpful are particularly interesting/intriguing. Sorry, I won't be taking requests for right now.
3) Create and update a My Work page in which I'll be showing you some work that I've done as well as a little information about my self-published book, Sophie.
4) Participate in blogfests. One of the greatest things about blogs is the blogging community and the fun you have getting to know other bloggers :) Plus, as an avid writer, blogfests sound soooo awesome! Hmm, maybe I will host one of my own as well...
At the end of the year, I'll be posting a poll to find out what you'd like to see more of in my blog. Thanks to all of my readers, so much, for sticking with TRA blog!