Monday, May 16, 2011

30-Day Challenge 18: Laughter Is the Best Medicine Blogfest


Question of the Day: What are two smileys that describe your life right now?

Day 18: The question above!

d(^_^)b is supposed to portray a happy person doing thumbs up! I have been enjoying all this free time away from school and nothing could be better. Since I am traveling for the last half of summer, I've been trying to spend this first half of summer learning more and getting to know more about myself. During the school year, I was always surrounded by people and was constantly either going to events or studying in the library. Now, I'm trying to take this opportunity to revisit what I personally like, what makes me happy, and all-around who I am when I'm by myself. Besides--everyone has to mentally recharge before going on another adventure!

8-/ is supposed to represent a nerd. I've been digging myself into books and writing and Smallville lately, cooped up in the bedroom that I've missed for over eight months. I probably sound a bit pathetic, but like I said above I'm enjoying this downtime. I have been catching up with all the things that I wasn't able to do during the school year-especially read, write, and watch movies. I'm having a rather "nerdy summer," but I'm loving it. :)


I signed up for Lydia Kang's and Leigh Moore's fun-filled blogfest called "Laughter is the Best Medicine." The idea is to Post a joke that pokes fun at yourself, or writing, or your job (including parenting, of course!), or anything personal. Or if that's too much work, any joke that you think is funny will do.

I'm not that great with outwardly funny jokes--but lately, I've become acquainted with the art of sarcasm. My family says I always take things way too seriously all the time, so adopting a few sarcastic remarks has been one way that I've been teaching myself to lighten up. Thus, here are a few of my favorite "witties" and "sarcs" that I've either heard of from other places or I've come up with myself and used recently. Hope they amuse you!!!

If you were any more open-minded your brains would fall out.

Sometimes I need what only you can provide....your absence.

A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Go to Hell.
See you there.

Person #1: *shocked* You didn't just do that!
Person #2: No? I can do it again.

You're unique. Just like everyone else.

SMALLVILLE REFERENCE...
Grant: *sees Lois in a hospital gown* Whoa! Let me guess, Vera Wang? Maybe Dolce?
Lois: This is me laughing hysterically.

Person #1 walks in on someone else *insert obvious activity*: What are you doing?!
Person #2: Is that a trick question?

I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

The texter: are you awake?
The text receiver: yeah, I'm always awake at 3am.

Did you know that if you press the elevator button three times it goes into hurry mode?

Tough Person: Do you know who I am?!
Sarcastic Person: No, why? Have you forgotten?

Don't let your mind wander, it's too small to be out on its own.

I'm asking a friend about his day, what he's been up to lately and what his goals are for the summer....
Friend: Gosh, girl, so many questions!
Me: I'm a journalist. It's my job.

Facebook Happenings:
(*names have been changed*)
Babycakes's status: It is so hot.
Twinkle's comment: It's cause I'm online. ;o
Babycakes replies: LOLOL. I thought it was coming from someone!
-the next day-
Honey comments: It's cold today. Twinkle must be offline.

Also, this isn't exactly witty or sarcastic but I went to a neighbor's yard sale the other day and afterwards, later on, I saw that neighbor's sons, who's about eight years old.

Me: Hey, Neighbor's Son! Did you have fun at the yard sale?
Neighbor's Son: Yeap! I made 20 bucks! But Dad split it in half and gave me seven.

* * *
Thanks so much to everyone who participated in my "Inanimation" Blogfest!!! I had a load of fun hosting my first blogfest and reading all the entries. If you still have yet to post your entry up, don't worry--better late than never. :)

Share/Bookmark

26 comments:

Lydia Kang said...

Those were so funny! I think the brain wandering one was the best!

Thanks for participating in the blogfest!!

Precy Larkins said...

LOLOL! Those were all funny! Loved the neighbor's kid who didn't know his math XD

Thanks for sharing!

Catch My Words said...

Cute jokes. I wish elevators would go into hurry modes by pushing them more than once.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Anita Grace Howard said...

Hahaha! These were all excellent! That's so sad about the neighbor kid. LOL.

I'm wondering which of these phrases you came up w/because if you only recently became acquainted w/the art of sarcasm, you must be a natural. ;)

Oh, and wow! Your blog has a soundtrack! You rock. d(^-^)b

Unknown said...

You're sarcastically very funny and witty! I loved them.

Trisha said...

I love sarcasm :)

Vicki Rocho said...

hahaha there's a lot of good ones in there. Thanks for sharing!

Ed Pilolla said...

very funny. i liked the you're unique like everyone else best of all.

Anonymous said...

Love the sarcasm! And thanks for translating the nerd/text/speak. Who knew.

Kelly Polark said...

Hee!
My favorite is I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
I so have to use that line!

Gujjari said...

Wow, hahahaahaaahaaaa.....

I am following your blog with lol.
Please do visit my blog...

Stacy Gail said...

Wow, one of my fave Lifehouse songs is playing right now *enjoys epic coolness* And I LOVE the elevator one! I now want to haunt some random elevator somewhere and wait for someone to repeatedly hit the button just so I can offer up a little snark about hurry-mode. :P

This was great, thanks for the giggles!

Jennie Bailey said...

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong - I'm going to remember that. I know it's going to come in handy. :-)

Rhonda at Laugh Quotes said...

You seem to have sarcasm mastered now. My favorite: Sometimes I need what only you can provide....your absence. I found you from the blogfest.

Dawn Kurtagich said...

Those were AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing! :D

Rachna Chhabria said...

I wish I could hurry up my elevator. Loved the jokes.

Matthew MacNish said...

New follower here.

Nice ta meet ya!

Angela said...

Sounds like you're having a good time, who am I to knock how you spend you're time. And I like. "You're unique, just like everyone else."

Hart Johnson said...

I think a nerdy summer sounds wonderful. I wish I had some time off to be nerdy. And I love sarcasm. I think my favorite example is from My Cousin Vinny when marissa Tomei says to Vinnie, "Oh, you blend." *snort*

Ginger said...

d(^_^)b
I'm definitely stealing these sarca-witticisms.
loved this especially
Tough Person: Do you know who I am?!
Sarcastic Person: No, why? Have you forgotten? hahaha

LTM said...

okay--LOL! I liked your person doing the thumbs up... oh, wait. The jokes! I also *snorted* at "your absence."

Thanks for playing! :D

Unknown said...

Very cute! Thanks for the giggles. Here's my smiley: :)

~Melissa

WritingNut said...

These were hilarious.. aww.. the neighbor's kid was so cute! :)

Oh to Be a Muse said...

oh i'm a big fan of sarcasm, but all of these jokes did actually make me laugh today. thanks so much for sharing.

i love the smiley face that is :)) and i think it's like rolling on the floor laughing or something.

You should enter my Towne & Reese jewelry giveaway!

http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2011/05/inspiring-style-towne-and-reese-jewelry.html

Jen said...

I love the nerd smiley face! Great one liners and smallville references!

Talli Roland said...

Loved these! The brain wandering was my favourite. Great laughs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...